Lutherans are a diverse group of people. We share a living, daring confidence in God’s grace. Our faith comes through the good news of Jesus Christ and gives us the freedom and the courage to wonder, discover and boldly participate in what God is up to in the world.
Lutherans believe in the Triune God. We are part of God’s unfolding plan.
When we gather for worship, we connect with believers everywhere and of every time.
When we study the Bible and pray, we are drawn more deeply into God’s own saving story.
When we serve others and address social issues that affect the common good, we live out our Christian faith.
We welcome you to join this community of faith — regardless of your age, race, gender, life experience, sexual orientation, complexities and questions. You have a unique story that can only add to the richness of the larger story that makes up the church. There is a place for you here!
The foundation of Good Shepherd teaches that our God:
1. Has created and is sustaining all that exists and his truth is revealed to us in the Holy Bible;
2. Has entered human history in the crucified and risen Savior, Jesus of Nazareth, that we might know we are loved and empowered by God’s grace alone;
3. Works through the church for the redemption of creation by the power of the Holy Spirit;
4. Changes lives through the gospel of Jesus Christ, calling Christians to lives of:
• Continuing renewal
• Discovery of new ways to communicate and live out the gospel of Jesus Christ before the world
• Welcome and witness to all no matter where they are on life’s journey of faith
• Practicing compassion and justice as signs of Christ’s presence in the world;
5. Has provided a foundation for ministry in the historical witness of the Christian church especially in the ecumenical creeds and the Lutheran Confession.
This is Christ’s church.
Come join us at worship on Sundays or in a small group setting to find out more about getting involved in our mission to do God's work in Christ's name for the life of the world. Liberated by our faith, we embrace you as a whole person -- questions, complexities and all. There is a place for you here.